Using the following zero- trust principles, what steps should your organization implement to ensure security and privacy when deploying or expanding UCC?
Traditional security models assume that everything inside an organizations’ network should be implicitly trusted. In other words, once inside the firewall, everyone is free to move laterally and access most of an organization’s resources and assets.
- Verify Explicitly
– Never Trust, always verify
– Verify continuously
– Work securely without a traditional VPN
- Least privileged access
– Limit blast radius
– Encompasses users, applications, and infrastructure
- Assume a breach
– Automate context and collection response
- To be compliant, any zero-trust framework must include a response plan
Implementing a full integrated zero trust architecture may seem daunting. When implementing or upgrading unified communications, collaboration, and contact center, however, several basic tools can and should be deployed to ensure security.